Sample Funeral Outline (What Happens to Those Why Die)
by Pastor John White
FUNERAL SERVICE FOR
March 12, 2004
Gen. 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were 930 years and he died.
8. And all the days of Seth were 912 yrs. And he died.
11. And all the days of Enos were 905 yrs. And he died.
14. And all the days of Cainan were 910 yrs. And he died
17. And all the days of Mahalaleel 895 yrs. And he died.
27. And all the days of Methuselah were 969 yrs. And he died.
31. And all the days of Lamech were 777 yrs. And he died.
Intro: All these men lived long lives on this earth but the most common trait they had was “and they died”. No matter how long you live unless Jesus returns soon for his church you too will die.
I Cor. 15: 19 says if in this life only we had hope we would be of all men most miserable.
I. The Fear of Death Has Been Conquered.
A. Heb. 4:14-15
B. I Cor. 15:20-26
II. What Happens To Those Who Die.
1. Lk. 16:22 says that they are carried by the Angels to a place called Abraham’s bosom or better known as paradise. There with the Lord they await the gathering of the Church.
2. II Cor. 5:10 They also appear before the Judgement Seat of Christ to be judged for their works.
1. Lk. 16:23, Go directly to Hell
2. Great White Throne Judgement
Conclusion: Rom. 10:9-10, Give invitation